Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Alcest - Shelter

1. Wings
2. Opale
3. La Nuit Marche avec Moi
4. Voix Sereines
5. L'Éveil des Muses
6. Shelter
7. Away
8. Délivrance

There is a decent ammount of hate for this album and I don't know why :(
Just because they are doing something different? Go back through their entire catalog and that's what they have done their whole career. They change it up every album. This newer 'uplifting atmosphere' direction HAS been seen on previous albums, I guess people are just butthurt that they decided to dedicate those moments to a whole album this time and cut out the Black Metal completely for this one. I for one love it and found it a really great, interesting, fresh listen full of emotional and powerful melodies.

France, 2014
Post-Rock, Shoegaze, Dream Pop
Web // ZS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Rise From the Ashes © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness