1. Kaputt Finker
2. Tauben Im Gras
3. Ein Dachs Hat Zweifel
4. Deconstructure
5. Le Trieste
Kokomo is an instrumental post-rock/atmospheric sludge metal band from Germany, and as some of you may remember a few years ago, I posted up their 2011 effort 'If Wolves' which was without a doubt one of my favorite albums of the year. They return again with their third album and leave right where they left off. Keeping up this consistency, they are quickly becoming one of my favorite post-rock outfits of all time. I just love the way they create bleak, but beautifully powerful atmospheric music associated with Sludge, while maintaining that airy and dream like tremolo picking induced post-rock. While it may be nothing new in the scene, this is a band that showcases the sound better than anyone in the business in my opinion, and that's why I give them so much praise. While this album tends to lean more towards the sludge spectrum, they continue to incorporate other amazing sounds such as the Sax throughout the first half of the lengthy third song 'Ein Dachs Hat Zweifel'. Not to mention their overall packaging with their consistently brilliant cover arts, it's obvious they are a band to check out/watch more in the future. I hope they continue. (listen to their previous releases also on bandcamp)
Germany, 2013
Atmospheric Sludge Metal, Post-Rock
Website/BUY // ZS




No comments:
Post a Comment