Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

1. Adriatic to Black Sea
2. Great Lake Derelict
3. Simple Forms
4. Cathedral Rings
5. 30 Degrees 3am
6. Branches on the Arrow Peak Revelation
7. Barrier Islands (Do We Remain)
8. North Star Ordination
9. Clearing Life
10. Illumination Ritual

A Post-Rock band rooted in Midwest Emo, 'The Appleseed Cast' is a group that I only recently found, that has been putting out consistently good music for over a decade. I get pretty pissed off when I find a band that I really like and haven't found till now. This is such a case. Incredible atmosphere and heart in this release that really brings up a lot of emotions, and while mostly being centered around the Post-Rock instrumentals, the vocals go hand in hand with the music SO well. This is an incredibly well put together album, and I just love the combinations of riffs and melodies that make this an airy and dreamy Emo/Post-Rock record that should be in my top 20 of the year hands down. Really digging this a lot.

United States, 2013
Post-Rock, Indie/Midwest Emo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Rise From the Ashes © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness